Undergraduate and postgraduate degrees in Physics are offered in a variety of subject areas.
Research in Physics is internationally recognized for its excellence. Staff members collaborate with a wide variety of national and international universities and cutting-edge international projects. Research projects range from fundamental studies of the structure of sub-atomic matter, to the development of novel optical and photonic systems for a wide range of applications, to medical physics and geophysics, to the investigation of the atmosphere using a network of sites that stretches from the equator to the Antarctic, to the investigation of the structure of the universe and extreme astrophysics.
This research provides an exciting and wide range of projects for Honours and Higher Degree Research students. For further information click on the 'Research Groups' link below.
Physics occupies the Physics and Oliphant Buildings and Bragg Laboratories in the north-western corner of the North Terrace Campus.
- Academic Staff
- Research Groups
- Teaching Program
- Scholarship (Summer) opportunity in Physics
Associated Research Centres
- IPAS - Institute for Photonics & Advanced Sensing
- Centre of Excellence in Particle Physics at the Tera-scale (CoEPP)
- The Centre for Complex Systems & the Structure of Matter (C2SSM)
- South Australian Partnership for Advanced Computing (SAPAC)
- University of Adelaide Node of the Australian Research Council Centre of Excellence for Antimatter-Matter Studies